Karen Andreola's charming book is part of The Gentle Art of LearningTM series.
It has all the right ingredients to inspire even the reluctant writer or the student who has experienced discouragement. Karen's JUMBO book of Story Starters encourage children to write in ways they have never written before.
Karen's carefully-crafted story starter suspends a student in the middle of a predicament. He is then faced with the question; What happens next? This is his cue to expand and embellish the story however he wants. He learns to write freely; with imagination and zest - and with far more boldness than he may be accustomed to.
The action-packed stories are especially appealing to boys. Thumb through the pages to choose whatever story or illustration catches your fancy. Karen has written a large selection to satisfy the varied interests of both boys and girls.
To spark even more curiosity, each story is illustrated with one or more engaging, and often amazing, 19th century pictures.
The settings are sometimes:
- sometimes funny,
- sometimes sweetly domestic,
- but always pose a challenge.
Here is your child s opportunity to:
- rescue those in danger,
- comfort the sick,
- cheer the lonely,
- laugh with the ridiculous,
- tame the wild,
- and do battle for good!
Awaken the dormant writer in your child with this lively approach to creative writing.
Story Starters is designed to:
- Replace dry, dull writing with exciting writing
- Invoke sympathy for the characters and encourage writing with feeling
- Expand a child s literary powers with the practice of narration
- Develop a child s imagination with embellishment of story plots
- Stimulate reasoning powers with opportunity for problem-solving
- Reawaken and interest in language arts
- Uphold Biblical virtues
Story Starters: is a JUMBO 458 pages filled to overflowing with choices and excitement!
Karen s Story Starters helps homeschoolers save because it is a one book per family, non-consumable, lavishly illustrated, multi-skill levels (grade 4-12), supplemental English course.
Your Student's next writing adventure is waiting between the covers of Story Starters.